- Job Specification
- Job Title: Area Sales Director (ASD)
- Department: Sales
- Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer (CRO)
- Compensation: Best in class, industry leading comp package
2. Position Summary
The Area Sales Director (ASD) embodies the values of Veridium and operates in accordance with Veridium sales principles to drive profitable revenues. The ASD is accountable for all aspects of the “sales cycle” which includes discovery, value demonstration, qualification, deal development, forecasting, pricing, negotiations and closing. The ASD is responsible for expectation setting regarding all contractual, financial and intellectual property and partnering with internal stakeholders – product, engineering, contracts, finance, etc. to ensure alignment. The ASD will provide accurate forecasting to internal leadership around deal closures, risks and resource requirements on an ongoing basis. The ASD works with the Sales Engineer (SE) to develop a territory plan to meet / exceed sales objectives and develop account-based strategies. The successful candidate must demonstrate core values of integrity, accountability and performance excellence at all times.
3. Essential Abilities and Skills
- Must be a “hunter”, entrepreneurial, adaptable and motivated for overachievement.
- Must possess working knowledge of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) space and cyber security.
- Proven ability to successfully manage complex sales cycles, C-level positioning and territory planning. Financial Services industry knowledge is a plus.
- Proven project management skills with an ability to marshal internal and external resources to shorten time to revenue.
- Strong deal qualification and closing skills along with conducting strategic negotiations on pricing and contract terms.
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate, professional and timely follow-up on tasks.
- Estimated up to 50% business travel, if warranted, on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrated ability for rapid “ramp up” and achieving results within 1-2 quarters.