Veridium is looking for a motivated Sales Engineer to drive sales efforts and engage with customers on a technical level. This person needs to be comfortable in the server room and the conference room, and bring the right blend of sales and technical expertise to both. You will be teamed with sales representatives to work with customers in pursuit of sales opportunities, participate in customer calls that require technical knowledge, and deliver presentations with technical and business messaging. You will also work with product managers and core engineering to coordinate product issue resolutions that would jeopardize sales efforts.
As a key part of building relationships with potential customers, you will be working with both technical personnel and senior executives and must have excellent presentation and communication skills. Furthermore, you must be able to work with software engineers to analyze customer opportunities and propose product and technical solutions that showcase how Veridium solutions meet potential customer’s needs, with an understanding of assigned market and aims to remove technical barriers that may impede sales.
- Provide technical expertise to drive sales efforts
- Responsible for technical aspects of sales for assigned accounts
- Develop and deliver persuasive technical sales presentations and product demonstrations that clearly communicate the product and technology direction and competitive advantages
- Provide technical consulting on integration and implementation of products and technologies within customer environments
- Collaborate with customers on the best use case for our solutions within their IT environment
- Provide high & low level architectural diagrams of end-to-end solutions for customers including server-side infrastructure, mobile SDKs, middleware, directory services, and other products
- Own the technical relationship with senior technology executives
- Input technical information on sales opportunities into Veridium Salesforce Automation system
- Be able to install, configure, and support our server-based (Linux) and mobile-based (iOS and Android) product suite
- Provide technical expertise on integrated Veridium, third party, and customized solutions
- Work with other sales engineers and product managers to define and implement appropriate technical sales tactics for assigned accounts
- Work with product managers to determine appropriate solutions on projects requiring technical expertise in various areas
- Consults with technical team leaders to resolve new or complex technical issues
- Have a working knowledge of all Veridium products and how they intersect with other enterprise technologies, such as Microsoft Active Directory and other IDAM solutions
- Applicant must have 5 years of presales/solution engineering experience in one of the following areas:
- End User computing
- Security (Identity & Access Management/PKI)
- Biometric Technologies
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
- Mobile application development for iOS and Android and use of IDE’s (XCode and Android Studio)
- Java software development
- Linux Deployment - Ansible, Puppet etc.
- RESTful web services
- Knowledge of these technologies
- Microsoft Active Directory (including PKI)
- Redhat, CentOS and Ubuntu distributions of Linux
- Protocols: SAML, RADIUS, OAuth, OpenID
Education Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.