Veridium seeks an IT Director to manage and maintain our information technology systems and to ensure that they serve our business needs and protect the integrity, security, and privacy of our group companies and their customers, employees, and service providers. This person will be based in our Boston (Quincy, MA) office and work with technical personnel, senior executives, and other staff across our US, UK, and Romania offices.
Veridium is a leading provider of end-to-end biometric authentication solutions for enterprises deploying biometrics as part of their access and identity management security strategies. Powered by an unmatched legacy of biometrics R&D, Veridium solutions increase convenience and security, reduce fraud, and cut costs associated with passwords and traditional multi-factor authentication. We are looking for highly-motivated, forward-thinking talent to add to our growing team.
- Maintain, develop, and manage IT procedures, standards, policies, and services relating to network-monitoring, system backup and restoration, continuity of operations, anti-virus/anti-malware, cybersecurity, authorization and access, encryption, data validation, web standards, system configuration, DNS guidelines, patching and updating, etc.
- Manage and oversee help-desk support
- Ensure that company web sites, internal and external (e.g., cloud) platforms, and service endpoints function properly and are available to users at all times
- Direct and support implementation of software, hardware, and system maintenance and upgrades
- Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities
- Conduct and document compliance audits
- Conduct regular testing and dry-run exercises to test and improve systems and plans
- Coordinate and manage outside vendors and suppliers, and licensed services and products
- Manage IT budget forecasting and oversight
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions
- Experience in delivering technical solutions from concept, selection, installation, testing and implementation
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent discipline
- At least six years of relevant experience
- Experience with an early-stage small/medium-size business with an internationally-distributed work-force
- Experience with cloud-centric (e.g. SaaS) infrastructure
- Experience with a large, enterprise-level company
- Experience working with complex supply chain organizations, as well as knowledge of related processes, technologies, trends, and advancements
- International experience
- Experience and competency managing GSuite, AlienVault, and DropBox platforms